Re: After installation, my P2 is still unable to launch Debian

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 22:29:36 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> RAM is okay but CPU is a bit slow, bus limited, non-multithread, single
>> core...
>>
> But it did it some months ago with the same Debian, but with an older
> kernel! How could it be unable to do it now?

We still don't know where the problem is so I was just "guessing".

(...)

>> Then you are still with X loaded. Try to boot in "init 1" (single user
>> mode). I used to boot at "init 3" in openSUSE to get no X environment
>> but dunno how can this be done in Debian :-?
>>
> I tried in single user mode. Then, I can use a console. In this console,
> everything works, but this is still console. I then tried `startx' and I
> encountered exactly the same problem: background with nothing more (but
> I did not receive the splash login screen).

Console gives you the ability to gather data from logs and it also says
(or points that) the problem could be on the GUI environment or X server.

>> Ok, ok, calm down :-)
>>
> A problem of Internet messaging is that, sometimes, messages are totally
> misinterpreted. Here, I was not angry at all (actually, I'm not often
> angry).

Understood :-)

Greetings,

--