Re: After installation, my P2 is still unable to launch Debian

Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 22:29:36 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> Camaleón wrote:
>>

>>> RAM is okay but CPU is a bit slow, bus limited, non-multithread, single
>>> core...
>>>

>> But it did it some months ago with the same Debian, but with an older
>> kernel! How could it be unable to do it now?
>>

> We still don't know where the problem is so I was just "guessing".
>
> (...)

:-)
>>> Then you are still with X loaded. Try to boot in "init 1" (single user
>>> mode). I used to boot at "init 3" in openSUSE to get no X environment
>>> but dunno how can this be done in Debian :-?
>>>

>> I tried in single user mode. Then, I can use a console. In this console,
>> everything works, but this is still console. I then tried `startx' and I
>> encountered exactly the same problem: background with nothing more (but
>> I did not receive the splash login screen).
>>

> Console gives you the ability to gather data from logs and it also says
> (or points that) the problem could be on the GUI environment or X server.

I know. But what do you think that I could try to -maybe- guess what (or
where) the problem is? It looks like clearly related to the X server,
but a cat of /var/log/messages gives nothing interesting. :-(

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Where there's a will, there's a way.