Re: J-Pilot and Handspring Visor

[ Please wrap your lines at 72 characters for readability. ]

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 19:34:04 -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:

[...]

> The visor is a great, but ancient device and the docs talk about using
> a "fairly new kernel, like  2.4.17".  I am using 2.6.32 from backports
> and I have done 'modprobe visor' to load the module, but neither
> /dev/pilot, not /dev/ttyUSB1 are being created by udev.  I have the
> Vendor and Product IDs from dmesg.

Then why did you not include this information in your mail?

> How do I set up udev to create /dev/pilot when the hotsync button on
> the cradle is pressed?

The first step is to check if your combination of USB vendor and USB
device ID is listed in one of the alias lines of "modinfo visor". Udev
tricks will most likely be useless if the kernel module does not
recognize your device as being supported.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |