Re: Torrents killing my conection

On 6/21/2010 11:03 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Thus, with the same router, I could take a few different *nix OS flavors and
perl versions, blowing up the router with some, and not denting it with others.

It's all about the packet load you push through the router.  It's absolutely
normal for setups that "seem" the same to nuke the router, because once you
peek under the hood, they aren't really behaving the same at all.

Take a peek under the hood. :)

+1

This "exercise" has proven (as if there were any doubt) that not all equipment is created equal, nor operating systems, for that matter.

To further illustrate, my internet connection is a "tethered" Blackberry phone. It loses it's mind frequently (about once a day), and has to be reset by pulling the battery.

It wasn't intended to be used heavily for this purpose.