Re: Overwrite existing partition with zeros without hurting partition table? (Debian Lenny)

thib put forth on 3/8/2010 5:10 PM:
> Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> I'm constantly Googling trying to find new ones.  Apparently (and
>> unfortunately), thoughtful, thorough, and fair comparative Linux
>> filesytem
>> benchmarking is a very rare hobby. :(
>
> Best thing to do would be to lurk on Phoronix until they release a new
> one.  You can already search the website for more recent benchmarks,
> there are plenty.

No wonder Phoronix didn't return results for my Google searches.  There are
no filesystem benchmarks at that site.  I didn't even see any HD benchmarks
there.  That site is geared toward desktop Linux enthusiasts.  It's like
extremetech.com for Linux users.  Most desktop linux users could really care
less what filesystem they're running, merely going with the installer default.

This site isn't going to have the type of information we're looking for.

--
Stan