Re: How to know if DVI connection is digital or analogue?

> I'd say he's facing a very strange and uncommon situation. I've never
> seen that before, as I told you. And from the other user's comments I
> think neither they have.

The thing is, I wonder just how uncommon it is! Would thinks of these
things? It would not surprise me to learn that 90% of Windows DVI
connections are analogue and the user does not know.

> In such case, I would find a very good invest
> the 25$ it costs a DVI-D cable ;-)
>
> In fact, hardware solutions tend to be better (more reliable) than any
> software solution and usually are easy to diagnose. And you know, Windows
> (and some manufacturers) does not always make "fair play" :-)
>
> Remember Occam's razor statement: "the simplest solution is usually the
> correct one".

If this were a mission critical situation, I would agree.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.