Re: problem whit optic fibre adapter (emulex LP952)

Stan Hoeppner ha scritto:
Marco Vaschetto put forth on 1/21/2010 4:29 AM:

I want say tank you for your time,

You're welcome.  Like I said, sorry I wasn't of more help.

and I have just a question but this is about the ESX, in my company we
do testing about virtualization solution the machine whit the optic
fibre must

do a iSCSI server, my question is how you feel about ESX and do you have
try ESXi ? I mean about the performance, in my company have do the

So, you want to connect to a FC SAN on the back end, and server iSCSI over GigE
on the front end?

yes, whit your expirience is a good way or have some is better? (the testing time use the lp952 but when is coming the blade server is Qlogic but the blade come later the test time) and on company have only a LP952, and we will use w2k3 for iSCSI server (when is time I try to make the iSCSI whit Debian and Qlogic)
benchmark on the windows se 2k3 virtualized on xenserver but we wold
like try ESXi and ESX witch one is better for you?

I've not played with ESXi.  My only experience is with ESX 2.5/3.0 on a IBM
Blade environment with Qlogic HBAs and mixed IBM FasTt and Nexsan storage
arrays.  The performance was quite good.

if you have a chance , and time, do you can make a benchmark whit a program the name is performantest7.0 have evaluation version is free to download;

if you can do me this favor pleas attachment this information

quantity host ram, host CPU, quantity guest ram, size of the virtual disk of the guest machine, the infrastructure of the storage and the log file of performance test.

Of course if do this test don't give you some trouble.

If you need I will send you back the benchmark of my test.