Re: problem whit optic fibre adapter (emulex LP952)

Marco Vaschetto put forth on 1/21/2010 4:49 PM:

> yes, whit your expirience is a good way or have some is better? (the
> testing time use the lp952 but when is coming the blade server is Qlogic
> but the blade come later the test time) and on company have only a
> LP952, and we will use w2k3 for iSCSI server (when is time I try to make
> the iSCSI whit Debian and Qlogic)

If I read that correctly, you're using Debian to test the FC SAN/iSCSI box, but
in production you're going to install W2K3 instead of Debian?  That doesn't make
any sense.  I must be reading this wrong.

> if you have a chance , and time, do you can make a benchmark whit a
> program the name is performantest7.0 have evaluation version is free to
> download;

Sorry.  I'm no longer with that employer, and we don't have a SAN at my current
place, so I'm unable to do any testing for you.

To be completely honest you're probably better off going with an FC/iSCSI
gateway appliance than with a home brew Linux or Windows box, something like a
Nexsan 400i would probably suit your needs well.

--
Stan