Re: trying to restrict exim smtp to specific IP

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:56:16AM +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Alex Samad on 21/01/10 00:30, wrote:

> >>I would like port 25 to be closed. Surely if I'm not receiving, I
> >>don't need to listen on it? I don't need it to send, do I?
> >
> >Have you thought about nullmailer ?
>
> I have but my limited investigation of nullmailer led me to believe
> that I must put my email account's password into the config of the

? did not thing so, I have used null mailer on system I want to recieve
emails from, just point it to a smtp server and thats all , no
userid/password setup

--
"I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man. Nothing he [Saddam Hussein] has done has convinced me -- I'm confident the Secretary of Defense -- that he is the kind of fellow that is willing to forgo weapons of mass destruction."

	- George W. Bush
08/21/2002
Crawford, TX