Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

On Mon,27.Apr.09, 10:24:39, H.S. wrote:

> Sure there is, but one has to keep the audience in mind. A beginner or a
> person just starting to find introductory information regarding current
> linux distros and related applications and programs is best served by
> google (the search is very fast and reasonably efficient) as an initial
> step. If one did not have today's web search engines at his disposal, it
> would take much longer to start getting comfortable with an OS.

I agree search engines are a very good resource, but one has to be
careful with the information as sometimes the solutions found are plain
wrong. Of course, a reference manual can also contain mistakes (or is
just outdated), but there usually is a way to contact the author to
correct it.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)