Re: can't install xfdesktop from unstable

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM, JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> wrote:

> node1:/home/joehill# apt-cache policy xfdesktop4
> xfdesktop4:
>  Installed: (none)
>  Candidate: 4.4.2-7
>  Version table:
>     4.6.0-2 0
>        800 http://debian.yorku.ca unstable/main Packages
>        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>     4.4.2-7 0
>        900 http://debian.yorku.ca testing/main Packages

Hmm. So pinning here would prefer to install the older version of the
package, which isn't what you want. I think that using 'aptitude -t
unstable install' and listing both packages might help, but if Boyd is
seeing a more recent version of xfdesktop-data than the one on
yorku.ca, maybe your mirror is just not synced yet, or you might try
another mirror. Or, wait a little while for the packages to sync.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.