Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 09:59:01PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,27.Apr.09, 10:24:39, H.S. wrote:
>
> > Sure there is, but one has to keep the audience in mind. A beginner or a
> > person just starting to find introductory information regarding current
> > linux distros and related applications and programs is best served by
> > google (the search is very fast and reasonably efficient) as an initial
> > step. If one did not have today's web search engines at his disposal, it
> > would take much longer to start getting comfortable with an OS.
>
> I agree search engines are a very good resource, but one has to be
> careful with the information as sometimes the solutions found are plain
> wrong. Of course, a reference manual can also contain mistakes (or is
> just outdated), but there usually is a way to contact the author to
> correct it.

I agree.

I also feel that google tends to rate *.debian.org sites high so you are
likely to see these more than any random blog posts with good reasons
(especially if you have debian in keywords).

So improving contents like wiki.debian.org is important.

samu