Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:12:35PM +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Check out the FreeBSD handbook at:
> >  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
> > It is also available as a pdf which is >1000 pages!  It doesn't cover
> > everything, but it does cover a lot.  They also have other books and
> > articles at http://www.freebsd.org/docs/books.html.
> >

> That sounds more like a problem than a solution. I would not try an OS
> that had a 1000 page manual. I want simple, not comprehensive.

Well, the thing about FBSD is that it's users are pretty much all
hobbyists, so the length of a manual is a good thing. If Debian had
documentation of equal or greater length I can only see that as a
strength, not a weakness.

--
		  http://fuzzydev.org/~pobega
		    http://identi.ca/pobega