SOLVED Re: Lenny won't install on an old Pentium that used to run Etch. Try 2

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:13 -0600, Robert Hodgins wrote:
> Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions. I'll keep fiddling
> around with this computer. If something works, I'll let you know.

Turns out the problem was likely hardware related. Over the
weekend, I had noticed that SBM wasn't detecting the DVD/CD player
all the time. Yesterday, the hard drive was undetectable. Given that both units
function on other machines, I believe that the computer's drive
controller was slowly dying while I was working with it and ultimately
gave up the ghost Monday.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this.