Re: SOLVED Re: Lenny won't install on an old Pentium that used to run Etch. Try 2

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:30:07 -0600, Robert Hodgins posted:

> On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:13 -0600, Robert Hodgins wrote:
>> Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions. I'll keep fiddling
>> around with this computer. If something works, I'll let you know.
>>

> Turns out the problem was likely hardware related. Over the weekend, I
> had noticed that SBM wasn't detecting the DVD/CD player all the time.
> Yesterday, the hard drive was undetectable. Given that both units
> function on other machines, I believe that the computer's drive
> controller was slowly dying while I was working with it and ultimately
> gave up the ghost Monday.
>
> Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this.

Thanks to you for getting back to us.

Discussing this has inspired me to put another line on my hobby list, I
will eventually drag out an old P1 100MHz I have and try loading Lenny on
it. Or, maybe I shouldn't thank you for that, it's not like I don't
already have enough projects. <chuckle>