Re: Upgrading from Etch to Lenny - aptitude ERROR

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 09:09:47PM +0100, Csanyi Pal
>> <csanyipal@gmail.com> was heard to say:
>>> How can I find the package libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6-3.11 to download it
>>> and install it with dpkg?
>>
>>   That's a virtual package provided by apt.  You need to install the
>> apt package that matches aptitude (the one from etch).
>>
>>   Daniel
>
> I downloaded apt and aptitude from
> http://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/
>
> and installed these with dpkg -i
>
> After that I can to run aptitude. :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Now I shall to try again the upgrade process..

So, once again, I'm traying the upgrade.

After I edited sources.list and I do aptitude update first time I get
a Warning:
W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
4D270D06F42584E6

When I do this again and again, I still get this Warning, but I red
here about this:
http://debian.org/releases/lenny/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#backup
that:
"Running this the first time new sources are updated will print out
some warnings related to the availability of the sources. These
warnings are harmless and will not appear if you rerun the command
again."

What to do to get rid of this Warning?

Is this Warning are harmless and can I go forward to upgrade my Etch
system?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi