Re: [OT] Gmail & my replies to this list

Hi,

Kent West wrote:
GMail does something wonky with mail sent to yourself; I don't recall
the specifics; I just know that when my campus switched to GMail, I

GMail is wonky, full stop.  There are a number of quirky things it does.

When I want to pop down messages, even if I say, "leave on server", it pops it down, but I cannot pop it down from another machine.....

IMAP folders works strangely too... the [Gmail] folder is weird in itself. To delete messages properly from the "Inbox", I need to drag them to the "Trash" folder and then delete them [and do a purge].

I am not a fan of gmail at all, but it is handy for some odd tests.

There are good standards for email, if I pop down a message and have said to leave it on the server, then I should be able to pop in down on another machine without troubles. If I delete a message, I shouldn't have to drag it to trash first, I have enough double handling without the extra bad behaviours of gmail to contend with.

Kind Regads
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP