Re: Upgrading from Etch to Lenny - aptitude ERROR

Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 09:06:48PM +0100, Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> was heard to say:
>> i386,
>>
>> CPU AMD K6
>
>   I realized later that "cat /proc/cpuinfo" would also be useful.

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 5
model           : 8
model name      : AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
stepping        : 12
cpu MHz         : 451.024
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr cx8 pge mmx syscall 3dnow
k6_mtrr
bogomips        : 903.35
clflush size    : 32

>> >   What does "ldd /usr/bin/apt-get" show?
>
>   That looks reasonable.  I'd suggest filing a bug on apt -- if anyone
> reads it you'll at least get more people to look at the problem.  I
> don't really know what to try next.
>
>   One last idea: does it help at all if you delete /var/lib/apt/*.bin?
>
>   Daniel

I haven't any *.bin files in /var/lib/apt/ directory, just the
following directories:

/lists/partial/
ftp.hu.debian.org_debian_dists_lenny_Release
ftp.hu.debian.org_debian_dists_lenny_Release.gpg
ftp.hu.debian.org_debian_dists_lenny_main_binary-i386_Packages
ftp.hu.debian.org_debian_dists_lenny_main_source_Sources
lock

/periodic/

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi