Re: Upgrading from Etch to Lenny - aptitude ERROR

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:

> Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 09:06:48PM +0100, Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> was heard to say:
>>> i386,
>>>
>>> CPU AMD K6
>>
>>   I realized later that "cat /proc/cpuinfo" would also be useful.

>>   That looks reasonable.  I'd suggest filing a bug on apt -- if anyone
>> reads it you'll at least get more people to look at the problem.  I
>> don't really know what to try next.

Now I search for a solution.

I edited again sources.list back to Etch:
deb http://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian/ etch main

did:
sudo apt-get update

but still can't get to works apt-get install aptitude

I try:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of aptitude:
 aptitude depends on libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6-3.11; however:
  Package libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6-3.11 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing aptitude (--configure):
 aptitude

I try:
 sudo dpkg-reconfigure apt-get
Package `apt-get' is not installed and no info is available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: apt-get is not installed

How can I find the package libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6-3.11 to download it
and install it with dpkg?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi