Re: RAID5 (mdadm) array hosed after grow operation

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:45:24PM -0800, whollygoat@letterboxes.org wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:07:37 +1100, "Alex Samad" <alex@samad.com.au>
> said:
> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:46:08PM -0800, whollygoat@letterboxes.org
> > wrote:

[snip]

> I wonder if that would have helped with the larger drives.  Too late:)
> The smaller drives shouldn't have been bad.  All I did to them was fail

once you fail them they are marked as failed, plus if you did them one
by one they would have different event id and be out of sync :(

--
"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

	- George W. Bush
06/14/2001
Gothenburg, Sweden
at a news conference in Europe