Re: Alex Samad Re: RAID5 (mdadm) array hosed after grow operation

On 09/01/2009 02:41, whollygoat@letterboxes.org wrote:
But anyway, I don't think that is going to matter.  The issue I am
trying to solve is how to de-activate the bitmap. It was suggested on the linux-raid list that my problem may have been caused by running the grow op on an active bitmap and I can't see from "man mdadm" how to de-activate the bit map.

man mdadm tells me:
[...]
-b, --bitmap=
Specify a file to store a write-intent bitmap in. The file should not exist unless --force is also given. The same file should be provided when assembling the array. If the word internal is given, then the bitmap is stored with the metadata on the array, and so is replicated on all devices. If the word none is given with --grow mode, then any bitmap that is present is removed.

So I imagine you'd want to
  # mdadm --grow /dev/mdX --bitmap=none
to de-activate the bitmap.

Cheers,