Re: debian/unstable: iceweasel segmentation fault

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> Well, so much for that idea...
>
> Maybe this is related to arts; I now remember that I had problems with
> iceweasel a while back when I tried to get sound from a bluetooth
> headset via artsdsp.
>
> Try to run it like this:
>
> ICEWEASEL_DSP=none iceweasel
>
> I use KDE 3.5.9 myself and iceweasel works fine. However, if I set
> ICEWEASEL_DSP=artsdsp then I get a segfault, too. The strace output of
> that looks similar to yours; it also ends with an lstat of
> /usr/lib/iceweasel, followed by a futex and a SIGSEGV.

That works - Great !

Are you using Iceweasel with sound ?
What alternative did you configure?
Where may I change this configuration globally?

Just in /etc/profile specifically for iceweasel
or somewhere (KDE Control Center?) for all apps?

Florian, Thanks a lot for your investigation !

WR,
Bruno