Re: debian/unstable: iceweasel segmentation fault

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:22:38 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Bruno Voigt wrote:
>> I'm currently not able to start iceweasel
>>
>> ii  iceweasel                                   3.0.1-1
>>             lightweight web browser based on Mozilla
>> ii  iceweasel-gnome-support                     3.0.1-1
>>             Support for GNOME in Iceweasel
>>
>> Same result as with 3.0~rc2-2 0:
>>  bruno@wks:~$ iceweasel
>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> bruno@wks:~$ iceweasel -safe
>> Segmentation fault
>>
>> System ist debian/unstable uptodate.
>>
>> On other debian/unstable systems it still works.
>>

> I just updated a box yesterday and am seeing the same problem. I haven't
> had time to debug it yet, but one thing I noticed is that when I run ldd
> against /usr/bin/iceweasel, it dies also. This leads me to believe the
> problem is deeper than a mere iceweasel problem.

If you run

ldconfig -pNX | grep local

, what do you see? Does that crash, too?

Also try

strace -f iceweasel --safe-mode

and post the last 10-20 lines of the output. (You have to install the
package "strace" if it is not on your system already.)

          Florian   |