Re: Xorg: missing fixed fonts

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 07:34:34PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> As a side node I could never get the module-assistant auto-install
> nvidia to work, even explicitely setting gcc to an older gcc 4.1
> version, it would fail with an empty log. I had to run the shell
> script from nvidia.

Mmmm, should work. Just used it yesterday.

m-a prepare nvidia
m-a build -t nvidia (so you can see the screen output.)
m-a install nvidia

There was one issue but I think I was mislead:

xdriinfo reckoned the libGL was to old. And cause I was only sometimes
seeing the nvidia splash screen I thought there was a problem.

I don't know if an ln -s libGL.so to the nvidia libGL did anything or
not, but I installed mesa-utils and glxgears[1] was showing about 1800 fps
but xdriinfo still reckoned the libGL was to old. glxinfo showed dri
was on and using nvidia; not mesa.

Stellarium worked a treat.

[1] Not a good benchmark though.

--