Re: CAD software for PCB engineering and routing

Am 2008-06-23 23:31:11, schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> I'd just like to pipe up that should AutoCAD or Solidworks go belly up
> and stop supporting the software, my own problems regarding the
> software will be trivial compared to the industry upheaval.

I do not know, HOW many Developers, Engineers and Enterprises are  using
AutoCad but right, if they go out of business it will have a massimpact.

It is like a Super-GAU.

"GAU" is german and mean "Größter anzunehmender Unfall"  (in  a  nuclear
reactor) or in english freely translated "biggest assumeing accident".

...and there would be very much enterprises kicked ot of there business.

They have a kind of responsability and they care much more about it as a
very well known OS manufacturer from Redmond.

OH, the latest version of AutoCAD does not work with Vista. <grmpf>
Maybe they should switch back to DOS (Yeah, I have made  my  Diplome  on
version 9 which was the last one working under DOS, even on a  486  with
64 MB of memory) or port AutoCAD to Linux.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)