Re: Blocking Gmail ads

On 15 May 2008 19:40:21 -0400, Luke S Crawford <lsc@prgmr.com> wrote:
> "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> writes:
>  > ...  Apple taking code without
>
> > giving back in a usable way, or not giving back at all?
>

> see Darwin-  Apple is giving away a bunch of it's OS-level advances.

I was thinking more about the KHTML/Webkit fiasco. Looks like the code
is finally finding its way back to KDE, but Apple didn't make it easy
to happen.

Also, the GPL exception in CUPS for Apple only, of which I have
recently also complained. :-)

> Windows would not have a more-stable competitor in the 'easy to use'
> space

How exactly are we free software users benefitted by Windows having a
non-free competitor?

- Jordi G. H.