Re: Blocking Gmail ads

On 15/05/2008, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> On 05/15/08 12:41, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>  > On 14/05/2008, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>  >>  OH, Airbus is using Linux too...  So, do you want to have access to  the
>  >>  sourcecode because you are traveling with an Airbus?
>  >
>  > In fact, I believe it is available. It has to be anyways, according to
>  > the GPL. There is no ASP loophole (I assume you are referring to the
>

> You need to study the GPL more closely.
>
>  The source only needs to be available to parties that you distribute
>  binaries to.  In this case, presuming that Airbus subcontracted out
>  the coding of the in-flight entertainment module, the distributees
>  are Airbus and the companies that purchase the planes.

How does this work with GPLv3? They changed it from "distribute" to
"convey". Is Airbus conveying the software to its customers or not? If
there is a way to bring a USB dongle and get some of the software from
the entertainment system in the Airbus passenger seats, has that
software been distributed to me or not? How does the AGPL handle a
situation like this, if the software were under the AGPL?

- Jordi G. H.