Re: command line browser questions: - javascript - lynx history

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:31:18 +0200
NN_il_Confusionario <pinkof.pallus@tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:06:53AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > great problem is that my consumer wireless AP / switch / router
> > interfaces all require Javascript,
>
> I agree that this is a very bad thing.
>
> For my good luck, almost all such equipements with which I had to
> personally interact had also pages (hidden inside frames) for the most
> impotrant settings which are directly reachable without javascript (but
> to discover these pages I had to use a javascript enabled browser. Then
> bookmarking these pages was sufficient).

Thanks, perhaps I'll look into that.

> For other equipements this was not possible, but the configutation was
> saved in a text file which can be downloaded and uploaded via ftp.

I haven't seen that option, but maybe it's there somewhere.

> Other equipements have a telnet interface.

I'm pretty sure mine don't; my impression was that that's a feature
usually found on more expensive, 'business' type units.

> But I know that there are also completely unfortunate equipements.

Yes; :(.  I have just retired an old Netgear MR814v2 (which seemed to
be failing), which completely refused to talk to you if you didn't
speak JS, and I currently use a couple of Trendware units (TEW-432BRP
and TEW-452BRP), which both use the same management interface, which is
partially but incompletely functional without JS support.

Celejar