Re: command line browser questions: - javascript - lynx history

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 09:08:47PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can view the lynx history?

for me the backspace key works to see the history of the current lynx
session

> So how can I see the prior websites accessed from say the last week?

>From time to time I manually save the contents of the history page

> Does anyone know of a command line browser that supports javascript?

links2 in etch has a limited support for javascript

It has been removed in newer versions (lenny)

> (lynx doesn't like javascript).

A few javascript enabled sites can be visited with lynx by looking at
the html source of the page (backslash key in lynx) and serching the
links to be followed

> Its ok if its not lynx, but I think I will still use lynx for every day
> browsing since it works well with most sites and is extremely accessible.

90% of the time, what can not be visited with lynx is only a waste of
time when visited with other browsers. At least it is so for my personal
non-blind (but GUI-impaired) needs.