Re: command line browser questions: - javascript - lynx history

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:52:26 +0200
NN_il_Confusionario <pinkof.pallus@tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 09:08:47PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:

[snip]

> > Does anyone know of a command line browser that supports javascript?
>
> links2 in etch has a limited support for javascript
>
> It has been removed in newer versions (lenny)
>
> > (lynx doesn't like javascript).
>
> A few javascript enabled sites can be visited with lynx by looking at
> the html source of the page (backslash key in lynx) and serching the
> links to be followed
>
> > Its ok if its not lynx, but I think I will still use lynx for every day
> > browsing since it works well with most sites and is extremely accessible.
>
> 90% of the time, what can not be visited with lynx is only a waste of
> time when visited with other browsers. At least it is so for my personal
> non-blind (but GUI-impaired) needs.

As I have written in other mails to this list, there is apparently no
non GUI browser with proper Javascript support.  While I agree with
NN_il_Confusionario that much Javascript content is unnecessary, my
great problem is that my consumer wireless AP / switch / router
interfaces all require Javascript, so I can't modify their
configurations from the cli.

Celejar