Re: amd 690g chipset

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 02:04:37PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> Should I follow the procedure which generally is recommended for a
> Window$ installation which displays the same symptom -- reinstall the
> entire system?

no.

okay, well, you certainly can if you want, but it is almost always
unnecesary. And it may not solve the problem if in fact it's a problem
with the software itself and not some configuration thing.

most linux systems can be brought back from pretty far gone without a
reinstall, if you try hard enough. But then again, installation has
gotten so easy now that at times it's probably the more expedient
route. But you learn nothing in the process...

.02