Re: amd 690g chipset

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 02:35:05AM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> * Valkai Elod <elod@online.ro> [080312 02:28]:

> Thank you for the reply.  My desire is for a general-purpose desktop
> machine which is faster than an old 1700 MHz Celeron.  I do not play
> games or watch videos.  I use 1280x1024 analogue output.

If you don't play games or watch videos, then what is slowing down a
1700 MHz Celeron (or any other 1700 MHz CPU) so that you want faster?

The most important thing is to have enough memory.  With that Celeron
box, doing whatever you do that seems slow, run top and check that you
still have enough memory.  Perhaps all you need is a memory upgrade.

I don't play games either.  I can do everything but watch videos on my
P-II with 64 MB ram, however Iceweasel hits swap.  Heck, Xorg + icewm +
rxvt hits swap.

Doug.