Re: amd 690g chipset

* Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> [080312 23:56]:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 04:31:29PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > Iceweasel pushes processor utilization to 100 percent; I would like to
> > find a browser which is more economical.
>
> Any process can push any processor to 100% momentarily.  In your case,
> is this 100% include waiting for IO?  How long (in seconds) does it sit
> at 100%?  Iceweasel doesn't even put my P-II to 100% for very long,
> other than the 47% it spends "waiting" while it swaps.

Iceweasel pushes the processor to 100 percent, where it stays for 5 to
15 seconds or more at a time, for garden-variety web pages such as
www.chron.com (The Houston Chronicle).

Something (either Iceweasel or my configuration of Iceweasel) appears
to have changed several months ago, because loading web sites was not
so slow a while back.

RLH