Re: low-MHz server [OT]

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
Actually, the box doesn't need X. I've got the Athlon64 for clear graphics and I have my IBM 486 for non-anti-alised viewing of e.g. pdf files. It won't run Debian anymore (won't install, and if I do the drive shell-game, it takes 2 minutes to get from login to shell prompt) but it runs OpenBSD very nicely. CLI is as responsive as my Athlon64.
Thanks,

Doug.
OpenBSD is fab for older hardware, X on a p3 laptop worked pretty well once I set it up.

Brian