Re: [OT] dialup modemspeed change
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [OT] dialup modemspeed change
- From: Hugo Vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:14:52 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I've changed the physical location of the Sid box and the telephone
number that is being used to dial the ISP.
Everything else is the same.
Now the connection is at a lower speed than before: average 3000 B/s
while before it was 4500 B/s.
The sound of V92 dialup modem on connecting has changed: it used connect
right away, now it makes more additional sounds.
Is this due to the quality of the phoneline?
Anybody savvy on dialup lines?
Want to thank everybody for answering this, and the problem was noise on
the line and it has been fixed by Telmex *in one day*! What?! Telmex
responding to a problem in one day and fixing it? Yessir!