Re: OT: clicky keyboards

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 08:05:48AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
 Sorry, I got off track there. The Timex... hmmm... some kid had one
> but I don't think anyone ever got it to do anything interesting. I
> remember that the keyboard was hideous though.

I had a model submarine.  I didn't want to do a direct connect from it
to the Z80 bus for controll.  I couldn't afforad to build an
opto-isolator for it.  So I used the TV screen.  I covered the top half
with photo-sensors.  Had my program put black blobs on the appropriate
spot on the screen and that did whatever to the submarine.  Looked wierd
but at least a power short on the sub couldn't fry the computer.

Doug.