Re: OT: clicky keyboards

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 01:07:34PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 11:16:47AM -0800, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > On Dec 10, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >> How about the Atari 800 (or was it the 400?) that had the bare
> >> membrane. ugh. now that was crap!
> >
> > Fortunately I never had the displeasure of using one of those.  I did have
> > to use an Atari 800XL for a while, at one job.  That one at least had real
> > keys, although the touch wasn't any better than on a Commodore keyboard.
>
> I can remember typing in hundreds of lines of BASIC on that thing at
> my buddy's house. Lucky for me, I had a C-64, so my own hacking was
> not so impaired...

Anybody remember the Timex/Sinclair 1000?  It has a pure membrane
keyboard built-in.  The whole box was about 8" square.  BASIC keywords
were given to each key for programming.  1 MHz Z-80 with 16 KB ram with,
I think, a connection to an audio tape deck for storage.  I did my first
Z-80 assembly on that beast.

Doug.