Re: fglrx upgrade to 8.42.3

Davide Mancusi wrote:

> Davide Mancusi ha scritto:
>> [...] building the package does not work. It fails like this
>> (long log follows): [snipped]
>
> For the benefit of those who are trying to walk the same path: I have
> managed to create the packages by following the instructions on the ATI
> wiki [1]. The drivers from the ATI website work marginally better than
> those in Debian/non-free (fgl_glxgears starts) but some 3D applications
> are still broken (e.g. nexuiz), as if some extensions were broken in the
> upgrade.
>
> It looks like I have to wait a little bit longer to see compiz run on
> my machine...
>
> Davide
>
> [1]

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Debian_Installation_Guide#Build_the_Debian_packages

Hi Davide,
Following your message I checked out nexuiz and it runs fine with my card
and driver. I'm surprised that running the ATI-Installer gave you error
messages. I see 2 differences between our systems:
1. You are using a 64bit kernel and I'm using a 32bit one (although I have
an AMD64 Athlalon Chip.
2. I'm running lenny and you're running sid.
I think the 32 and 64bit versions use the same installation file, yes?
So if it's not related to one of those 2 differences I'm stumped. I don't
understand why just running the installation program with the --buildpkg
switch causes error in your system and not in mine.
Sorry,
Jonathan