Re: Intel Deluxe PC Camera

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 08:27:53AM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Sunday 04 November 2007 07:35, John Schmidt wrote:
On Sunday 04 November 2007, Marc Shapiro wrote:
It looks like the driver module that I need is spca501.  There is a
source package for Etch:

    spca5xx-source

Do this:

sudo m-a

It will put up a dialogue box, and then you need to first prepare the build
by downloading the kernel headers.  Then choose select and check the
spca5xx-source, and it should download it for you.  Then build it and
install it.  These are all menu selectable items in module assitant.

Unless I am mistaking, I read somewhere that spca5xx was for kernel up to 2.6.11, for later kernel you need gspca-sources.

You are correct.
So, do I follow the instructions that John gave above and substitute gspca-source for spca5xx-source?

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com