Re: fglrx upgrade to 8.42.3

Jonathan Kaye ha scritto:
Hi Davide,
I've installed it and it's BRILLIANT!!!! Three cheers for ATI they've got it
right!
fgl_glxgears ran around 380fps under 8.39. Now, under 8.42 it's over 500! So
I'd say go for it.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Thank you all for the feedback. I have tried to install the package from the ATI website but I have the same problems (Jonathan — how did you install it? Did you ask the installer to build a Debian package?). Since I think I might have screwed up something with the diversions and with symlinks in /usr/lib, I would be very grateful if anyone with a working 8.42.3 installation could post the fglrx-related part of /var/lib/dpkg/diversions and the output of
$ ls -l /usr/lib/libGL*
$ ls -l /emul/ia32/usr/lib/libGL*  (did I mention I'm on amd64?)

	Thanks again!

Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.