Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX

> I write all my texts in latex, use JabRef/bibtex to manage references,
> subversion to keep track of things and to collaborate with coauthors,
> and -- if I need to submit to a journal misguided enough only to accept
> word, latex2rtf.

My wife works in a field where most journals want Word files.  So I thought
I'd try and sell her on LaTeX + some conversion (latex2rtf for example), but
it turns out it's no good for her: even though she's the sole author, she
always sends her articles for feedback/corrections to friends who also want
Word format and then do their modification in-place and send back a Word
file (with changes marked as such), so she could start with a LaTeX file ,
but as soon as the text is ready enough to send to friends, she needs to
convert to Word and then needs to keep working in OOs to integrate the
comments/fixes etc... so she may as well use OOo all the way.

        Stefan