Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 04:55:36PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:

> Occasionally while writing, I save the document, switch to the
> command-line window and execute LaTeX, then look over the xdvi
> displays (which are updated automatically whenever LaTeX is run).

I can avoid the switch to the cl by programming one of the xemacs
functions keys to run latex.  That way I have the best of both worlds
-- latex and wysiwyg.

But, nobody has yet mentioned the FOREMOST advantage of latex - once
the penny drops, it is super fun !

I have just finished a small non-technical book using latex and
enjoyed every minute of it.  Latex is a joy to work with.

Joe