Re: Penalty of SELinux?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:28:13 -0500, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> said:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> As I said, it might be a good starting place. If the patching of the
> source is done right, it's dependent upon a define anyway.  I don't
> have high hopes for that.

        All the patches I have submitted for inclusion in Debian have
 been conditional --  as is the case in patches accepted upstream that I
 am aware of

>  "Unpatching" is not difficult, as there are
> diff tools which can do that automatically if one has the original
> source. Providing that back to Gentoo, along with a polite request,
> might get access to original source.

> If, as you say, the changes are "small", then pulling the unmodified
> sources for those things which are changed for SELinux should not be
> difficult. Since one is going to build from source anyway, then the
> rest is a shoe in.

> I'm not so sure the changes are "small".

> If Gentoo is not amenable, then there's SLAX, which I believe does not
> have SELinux.

        Well, best of luck in searching for a distribution that meets
 your goals.

        manoj
--
He'll sit here and he'll say, "Do this!  Do that!"  And nothing will
happen. Harry S. Truman, on presidential power