Re: Penalty of SELinux?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:14:57 -0400, Douglas A Tutty
<dtutty@porchlight.ca> said:

> On small systems, what about the penalty of just larger binaries?  I
> have some older boxes with 16-64 MB ram.

        Firstly: Very few packages have been actively patched to link
 with selinux. Second, the selinux libraries are shared libs -- so the
 actual binary is not significantly increased in size (well, dpkg is the
 exception, since it is linked statically with selinux).

        My Pentium II box with 64MB of ram seems to run in SELinux
 strict mode just fine -- it is my firewall.

        manoj
--
Lord, what fools these mortals be! William Shakespeare, "A
Midsummer-Night's Dream"