Re: Penalty of SELinux?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:14:57 -0400, Douglas A Tutty
<dtutty@porchlight.ca> said:
On small systems, what about the penalty of just larger binaries?  I
have some older boxes with 16-64 MB ram.

        Firstly: Very few packages have been actively patched to link

Something like 50 or so. ls, mv, cp, etc.

 with selinux. Second, the selinux libraries are shared libs -- so the
 actual binary is not significantly increased in size (well, dpkg is the
 exception, since it is linked statically with selinux).

It does have to be in memory, however.

        My Pentium II box with 64MB of ram seems to run in SELinux
 strict mode just fine -- it is my firewall.

Good for you.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.