Debian may lose a user

I have some feedback about my GF who uses Debian at my suggestion.
I have no irons in the fire on this one, as I don't use Debian,
though I do administer her machine for her. So, please don't take
this as a complaint from me, as it isn't. I'm simply informing
the Debian forum of a situation.

She's had four problems with using Debian on her machine,
and support response from this forum has been somewhat less
than she had hoped for. Of the four problems, one I was able
to fix up somewhat by cooking up a printer description file
for her new printer, which now works in a limited sense. One
of them we have a work around, though it isn't pleasant, and
requires me to do some physical recabling of the machine.

The other two remain completely unfixed.

I used the "official" reporting tool on one of the problems,
and we were not even accorded the courtesy of a response
indicating that the report had been received and was going
to be acted upon. The tool did confirm that a report had
been made, but that was all. I've seen no indication from
Debian that any progress has been made.

At one point, another fellow contacted me stating that
one of the unsolved problems had also bitten him, and
wanted to know what progress or solution eventually came
out. I regretfully responded that there was, AFAIK, no
solution, and she simply lives with the fact that Debian
cannot do what she wants at all.

Anyway, she bought a copy of Windows XP a few weeks ago, and I'm
pretty sure she intends to install this weekend, since she
sent me an e-mail showing that she purchased a copy of F-Prot
for Windows. This would be a "heads up" for me, indicating
what might be on the "honey do" list for this weekend.

I provide this only to let you know that it looks like Debian
is going to lose a user to Windows shortly, due to perceived
lack of concern over user's difficulties shown by those who do
support for Debian. I have gently nudged her in the direction of
sticking with it a little longer, and so due to my reluctance to
kill Debian she has. But things seemingly have just gone on too
long.

Anyway, that's it, FWIW.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.