Re: Tool for document management

Folks,

I share some of the original writers interest in finding a good document management tool.

It was sort of disappointing to see a discussion that has focused primarily on version control tools, and a little on TeX vs. Word vs. Open Office issues.

There are a huge number of document and content management systems around - aimed at managing text documents, rather than code, and many of them open source (try googling "document management" along with "open source"). I was hoping to see somebody with some experience with one or more of them comment. Apparently there's no such experience on debian-user.

So... just as a suggestion to the original writer: cast a wider net. And... if you happen to come across a good email list focused on document/content management - let me know!

Miles Fidelman