Re: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?

David Brodbeck wrote in Article
<[🔎] 4AD8CD18-CF10-47B9-8987-B4073092B797@u.washington.edu> posted to
gmane.linux.debian.user:

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 3:25 PM, William Pursell wrote:
>> If you make
>> a right turn (assuming you live where they drive on the
>> right hand side of the road) and take out a cyclist that
>> you didn't see passing you on the right in a cycle lane,
>> I hope you get a jail sentence.  (Not you personally, but
>> apparently I still have a lot of pent up hostility to
>> all the jokers who've endangered my life on the road.)
>
> People who make right turns without a right head check should be
> sentenced to drive on Minneapolis freeways.  Since in many places
> there buses are allowed to use the right shoulder during rush hour,
> they will eventually be taken out by a city bus while attempting to
> exit, thus removing them from the gene pool. ;)

Reminds me of working for the Oregon Zoo in 1999.  Riding home on the
shoulder of the Sunset Freeway into downtown to catch a train out to
the 'burbs with my bicycle, I was trailing a Portland Police officer on a
bicycle by about a quarter mile.  Some douche from California with a
particularly acute case of Californian Entitlement Complex decides to cut
onto the shoulder without signalling or checking mirrors to drive on the
shoulder to the next exit.  The Portland Police Bureau bicycle ahead of me
rear-ended the Californicator and was immediately pulled over by the (now
roadrashed and on foot) bicycle cop.  I ended up slowing down to merge with
the standstill motor traffic to get around the pulled over moron, so I
don't know if that Californidouche got what he had coming or not.

--
Paul Johnson