Diskless workstations

I would like to try this technology. I have DSL delivered through a DHCP router, a computer capable enough to be a server, and other hardware that I would like to become clients. I expect to use Lenny as the OS.

PXES is a live client CD, for those hoping to accomplish the job with relatively little effort. I have thought of trying that. The only difficulty seems to be that XDMCP must be enabled on the server: it is disabled by default on most distros due to security issues. Enabling it is distro-specific, so I would like to know how it is done in Debian.

The other method is, of course, LTSP. I have found outlines of how to set this up, but not as specific as I would like. Can someone point me to such information?

Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/