Re: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?

On Jul 16, 2007, at 8:25 PM, Steve Lamb wrote:

Two things here. Critical Mass rides (never been on one) are a form of
protest and political action. I don't know if they are properly
permitted by authorities or anything like that

Just wondering how, exactly, we got to the point where one needs a permit to protest in a country where the right to assemble is constitutionally
protected.  Hypothetical, no need to really answer.

Well, if you're going to be blocking a street with your protest it seems reasonable.

It's a moot point, though, since Critical Mass makes a big deal about *not* requesting any permits for their actions.